Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Toiler Does Genre

I see that there's something I should be a bit more clear about, since it's not obvious to my visitors.

Almost all of my reading up until college consisted of fantasy, adventure, and science fiction. I had read The Lord of the Rings at least twice before I graduated from high school, and to this day, reading Bradley's The Mists of Avalon ranks as one of the most important moments in my reading/writing career.

The first real story I ever wrote was fantasy, and my first attempt at a full-blown novel was science fiction. In fact, I may still find myself writing just that kind of story in the near future. It's fun, and I like it. (That's partly why I expected to like Asimov.)

So you won't find Toiler dissing the genres on this blog. He's a fan.

Also, you'll learn a bit more about this topic in an upcoming post. It seems that I've hit a road-bump on my writing path, and I'm in the process of planning my next move. More news to follow...