Monday, February 27, 2006

Back from Vacation

I'm back. We had a great time in New Zealand. The Middle Earth of movie fame is a lovely place in real life, although a true Tolkien fan might be surprised to see the many sheep that coat the rolling greens in white fur. We saw so many sheep, in fact, that we began to joke that every domestic animal in New Zealand must be some form of a sheep. So, for example, we would say that we saw some shorses along the way, as well as a few shogs, shats, shows, shoats, and shigs. We even saw a couple shamas and shemus. Not many, though. We mostly just saw sheep.

I'm glad to be home, and I'm especially glad to be contemplating my work again. Three weeks is about as long as I ever like to be away from my routine. As it is, I expect to take another week just to get my head back into the story that I've been working on for the past several months (more on that soon).